Saturday, August 7, 2010

I am missing the Camino

I am missing the Camino.  The day I hit Santiago, I thought, "Hmmm... I can cross this off my bucket list."  Not too unlike the time I rode my bicycle down the coast of California.  I was exhausted, not sure of myself, not sure of anything, except that I missed my home, my family, my friends, and the comforts of home.  I thought to myself, "Why did I do this? Why did James call me?  What was I thinking?  Why was it that I could not refuse the nagging call to come to this place?  A month has passed since I returned home, and that little voice just reared it's head again.  Go AWAY!! Away I say!  Do not taunt me with your vagabond pleasures!  It was so hard.  It was not like anything I have ever experienced.  I ached every night.   I lost toenails and felt smelly all the time.  My feet abandoned me.  And I them.  It was if someone was playing a dirty trick on me.  What is it about "The Way" that steals my heart and soul?  I have run the race, done the time, why do you pester me with more?

1 comment:

  1. You've got the PPB's (Post Pilgrimage Blues!)
    The only cure is to walk it again! In the meantime, live as a pilgrim, in the present moment, carrying only what you really need, leaving behind excess baggage, expecting nothing and grateful for everything, open to new experiences, aware of all that is!
    un abrazo,
    Sil

    ReplyDelete