Friday, June 18, 2010

Almost to my Destination!


So, I have been walking through many little villages here in the the northwest corner of Espania!  Let´s see, since I last posted, the towns have been Sarria, Gonzar, Palas de Rei, Melide, Arzua, Brea, and tonight, Labacolla.

 I am just 10 kilometers from Sanitago de Compestella!  Tomorrow morning I will get up early and make my way into the holy city.  I should arrive within hours and have plenty of time to get my Compestella and attend the pilgrim´s mass at noon.  The journey has been unlike anything I have ever experienced in my life.  I can only say, that anything anyone has told you, cannot compare to your experience walking the Camino.  I have been frustrated, and happy, sad, and elated, wet, and cold, hot and tired, yet it has all been so good, so rich, so unlike anything I could have imagined. 


I have met so many wonderful people, some I will remember forever.  I have a myriad of emotions welling up in me as I prepare to enter the city.  I want to treasure every moment, and not miss a thing. 

I will stay as long as I need to, then go to Finnesterre (the end of the earth) to burn a few clothes, and say goodbye to my pilgrimage to Santiago.  Thank you all for following my blog.  I will put the final touches on this blog when I am safely home in Palm Desert.  Suffice it to say, it is not like any other adventure on the planet.  El Camino demands all of you, all the time.  And in return, Santiago sees you safely to your destination, renewed and reborn.


 God is good!

2 comments:

  1. Well done Joni!! Look out for the PPB's when you get back. (Post Pilgrimage Blues). You will be perplexed at the quantity of clothing in your closets; the many 'things' in your home and the complications in your daily 'normal' life. The only way to ease these blues is to do another long walk!
    Big hug peregrina,
    Sil

    ReplyDelete
  2. realy well done,know how hard it is to explane the Camino, you do it well,enjoy the end of the earth.
    Sagalouts ( Ian)

    ReplyDelete