Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Pamploma

My journey to Pamploma was shortened by the huge blisters on both feet!  Thank you Spirit for the bus!  I also have a nasty dangling toenail.  hmmm.  Sorry for the ugly photo.  Just not sure what to do with such a toe!  I know that rascal will fall off soon.  I just don´t want an infection.  I did have a great time in Pamplona with my new pilgrim friends.  The city is so big and there are many wonderful sights to see.  I was a little incapacitated to walk much, but none the less, it was great!  I started walking this morning feeling a bit better after my rest.  I got as far as Cizer Menor (Only a few kilometers) and two blisters popped and bled, so I caught a bus back to Pamploma, then one to Puerta de la Reina, where I am once again trying to rest.  UGH!!  I am not giving up, I am not giving up!!!  I will rest, and be better soon!
Buen Camino!

3 comments:

  1. Joni - I'm so sorry this has happened to you. When I walked from Roncesvalles in 2007, I got huge blisters on the back of both heels. When I got to Logrono I bought hiking sandals and finished the remaining 650km in sandals. Don't let these little watery buggers stop you - Ultreia!!
    PS: Your toenails are too long. They must be kept short enough not no catch on the sock when you go down hills.
    Buen camino!
    Sil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sil. I have walked in sandals since this errupted. My toenail is now black and will most likely fall off soon. No one told me about this. My first lesson. lol... The blisters are getting better. I am hopeful all will be well soon. Thanks for the words of encouragement.
    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joni, I enjoy your posts very much, sorry for the pain. I will start my Camino in Santender on June 10th in my KEEN sandals after what happened to you. Am I doing the right thing?

    ReplyDelete