Thursday, May 20, 2010

Saint Jean Pied du Port

I arrived in Saint Jean about 5:00 pm last night.  I am staying at a wonderful hostel that is owned by a wonderful Dutch couple.  It is so beautiful here words cannot describe it.  There are many cyclists here in the Pyrenees.  I have been taking pictures, but I haven't quite figured out how to upload them from the internet cafe yet. My phone has run out of "au juice" so until I can get it charged up, no phone calls will be made. The hostel is Le Esprit du Chemin, meaning the Spirit of the Camino in French.  I would highly reccomend it to anyone who comes to Saint Jean.  We had a wonderful meal last night, and a great breakfast too.  I hand washed my clothes this morning, and they are hanging to dry.  The sun is shining and the sky is clear.  A perfect day to walk the Camino, but I am taking a rest day, and will enjoy the little town today.  I love France!  I am anxious to begin walking, and I have already found several items in my pack that I will ship to Santiago.  Lighter is better.  I will check in as often as I can.  Love to all. joni

5 comments:

  1. Now you truly have your feet on the path!
    Have a wonderful wak!
    Sil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome,
    the sun shines also here in Leon
    enjoy
    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that the courtyside you are walking? Wow, how absolutely gorgeous. I wish I were there. I would be on a motorized scooter though...LOL..we miss you..Holly, Vino, Theo and soon to be puppets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the adventure, take time to be alone and meditate on what is important to you, buen camino, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments! I love the alone time. It is a treasure indeed!

    ReplyDelete