Thursday, May 27, 2010

Puerta la Reina to Estella

And so my journey continues through the Spanish countryside.  Coming into the cities here are always exciting.  Most have walls and a portal to go through.  It feels like the renaissance faire to me everytime!  Such history here, it makes America such a baby in so many ways.  There is a wonderful river that we have been following along.  It was quite big here in Estrella.  It has been warm and clear and beautiful my entire journey, although there is talk of rain in the morning.  Change is good!  lol...
As I was leaving Puenta la Reina there was a tall tower to the left and on the top was a stork´s nest.  She had some babies too.  ( I had seen them earlier)  So I snapped a picture.  Even with the zoom, it was hard to catch it, but if you look closely, you will see her atop, tending to her babies.  It was pretty cool.  The pilgrims meal I had the night before was the best ever!!  It was 11 Euros, but they had everything you could think of and all the vino tinto you could drink.  Que Rico!!  I have a picture of my new friends Cali and Coleen from South Africa and Jopsts from Germany.  Jopsts had blisters on his feet too, so we commisurated together.  What a gift to meet so many wonderful people on the Camino!   God is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment